Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hello


Hi there,

Wow, this is my first blog - ever! My niece will finally think I'm "with it"! Well, I'd better introduce myself - I'm Lesley (Fulton) and I live in Christchurch. I am originally from Scotland and emigrated to NZ in 2001 - and love it! I have a Scottish husband and 2 little kiwi kids (aged 3 & 5).

I work as training and QC manager for a digital transcription company. I create training courses to be done remotely for our home based transcribers and I am currently looking at getting NZQA registration for the training courses we offer. Whilst doing all the paperwork for NZQA I realised that the way we run our courses has never been evaluated and could be doing with being closely looked at.

I am hoping to use my own work for an evaluation project as it would be a very worthwhile to help me understand and evaluate how, and if, our courses meet the learners' needs. I was an EFL teacher for many years and am used to doing needs analysis for learners, however I do find it hard in the distance learning situation to do this and as our courses are more aimed at fulfillng the needs of our clients, I think I need to look at evaluating if our courses also meet the needs of our transcribers.

I'm really looking forward to getting started with this and meeting you all.

Cheers

Lesley

4 comments:

Bronwyn hegarty said...

Hello lesley
great to see you are up and running. You are with it for this course anyways and I loved reading your intro. You will certainly be able to use your own work in the evaluation project and it sounds like a needs analysis or effectiveness evaluation might suit your project for the course.
Tuesday 26 Feb 4-5pm or Thurs 6 March 1215-1pm were the choices - there is a poll on the course blog. Details for access will be posted on Blackboard announcement page and emailed to you.
Bronwyn

Yvonne said...

Hi Lesley

Welcome to the world of blogging. Lovely picture of your lads :)

Cheers
Yvonne

Helga said...

Hi Lesley.
Your first blog looks great.
Interesting work that you do. I can imaging it is hard to picture your audience when you are developing your material.

I'll keep an eye on your blog!.

Cheers, HElga

Renu said...

Hey Lesley,

Lovely intro, enjoyed reading it!!!

What course are you doing??? It sounds interesting!!!

Hope you'd brush through your blog - Renu Singh - Wroclaw, PL.